As we continue with the growth of our marketing team we are currently recruiting a PR officer for immediate start. This is a brand new role offering a fantastic opportunity for someone who loves working with the press.
With a basic salary of £26-30k (DOE) plus bonuses, your role will be to develop press relations externally to the business. You will need to have excellent verbal and written English skills, the ability to use these skills to communicate effectively and manage multiple stakeholders.
This is a fast paced role suitable for confident and enthusiastic candidates with a can do attitude.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to further their career or return to work who has previously worked in the PR industry (Pro rata / part time options for this role is available). You will be joining a fast growing team who will be dealing with national press coverage.
- Manage and drive other executives within the PR & Marketing team
- Develop, contribute and own the departments objectives alongside the Marketing Director
- Maintain and develop good media relations with journalists across the UK from a broad range of publications, broadcasters and trade press, local, regional and national.
- Develop and deliver key lines to take and disseminate to media contacts as required. This might be for background information for documentaries or feature articles.
- Identifying proactive opportunities and create press releases, articles and features as required in conjunction with the Marketing Director and marketing colleagues.
- You will need great communications skills and a drive to succeed.
- Have good organisational and time management skills
- You will need to multitask with outstanding attention to detail
- Be skilled in building relationships, problem solving and objection handling
- Target driven, ambitious, a go get attitude
Key Skills & Requirements
- 3+ Years’ experience in a similar role
- Self-motivated and must be able to work autonomously creating new opportunities
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Outgoing personality
- Proficient in using Microsoft office suite
- Experience with writing press releases and distributing them
- Monitoring, collating and categorising press article
Denton (Greater Manchester) M34 3SH
Basic Salary £26-30k (DOE)
Mon – Thu 8:45am – 5:30pm Fri 8:45am – 3:55pm